Saturday, August 2, 2008

What did I do wrong?

The options are endless, but clearly I did something wrong because last night's dinner didn't wow me. It woed me. Here's what I did...

Chicken Satay Marinade/ Sauce
2 chicken breasts, cut into strips

1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
6 tablespoons lemon juice
6 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons Penzey's sweet curry powder
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
4 cloves garlic, crushed

I mixed all of the marinade ingredients together, added the chicken and let it marinade in the fridge for about 2 hours. Then, I just dumped the whole combination into a heated skillet, and sauteed for about 15 minutes until the chicken was cooked thoroughly and the sauce thickened.

I served it over jasmine rice with steamed green beans.

It was hot and spicy, but without a lot of complex flavor so maybe I would leave out the hot sauce in order to only have the curry flavor, or maybe I could leave it in and add another tablespoon of brown sugar. Perhaps I should have just used it as a marinade and made a different sauce...

I just ate the leftovers, and it was really good today, so maybe it just needs to mature. Hmmm.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ironically, you might find slightly less of the spicy will let some of the other flavors come through. Also, I bet you're right about the time issue. Try an overnight soak (read "marinade") next time and see how it turns out.