Friday, August 1, 2008

Yummy, Yummy, Yummy, Yummmmmmy

For lunch today, I had Ramen Noodles. Feel free to wonder why I had Ramen Noodles in the pantry. I will wonder, as well. For the first time ever in my life, I was craving Spaghetti-Ohs. As I'm not sure I've ever even had a Spaghetti-Oh, I was pretty confident I didn't have any in the pantry, but I checked anyway, just in case. There was a very slim possibility that I moved some from Brad's apartment, but I doubted it. I did check, though, just in case. Alas, no Spaghetti-Oh's, but there was Ramen. I haven't had Ramen since college. I remember making it in my hot pot in the dorm. Ahh... the memories.

For supper, we had Mustard Chicken, Rice-a-Roni and Sugar Snap Peas. I used lots of the "stash" for this.

Mustard Chicken (from allrecipes.com - prep modified a bit)
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts

1/2 cup spicy brown mustard

1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

1/4 cup butter, melted
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons water
1/8 teaspoon paprika

Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly spray a shallow baking dish with cooking spray.

Cut the chicken into strips and place them in a dish. In a separate shallow dish, mix bread crumbs, Parmesan and paprika.

Coat chicken pieces with mustard, then transfer to crumb mixture. Coat well with crumbs.

Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet. Gently place coated chicken in skillet. Cook for about 3 minutes per side.

Remove chicken and place in prepared baking dish.

Mix butter, lemon juice, water and paprika together and pour over chicken. Cover and bake for 20 minutes, or so.

This dish used chicken, from the freezer.

I also made a box of Parmesan Rice (from the pantry) per the package directions, and some sugar snap peas in a Ziploc steamer bag with a bit of butter, salt and pepper.

I have been trying to incorporate lots of vegetables into our diet, so I give us huge portions of veggies and smaller portions of everything else. It has been working pretty well so far.

I would highly recommend everything I made today, even the Rice-a-Roni rice box. It was quite good.

No comments: