Tuesday, October 14, 2008

How do you spell spoiled? B*R*A*D

I had NHS concession stand duty on Thursday evening, so for the second time in a row I did not get home from work until close to 9 pm. I was leaving on Friday morning to go to my cousin's wedding in Atlanta, and all I really needed to do was move the load of laundry from the washer to the dryer. The sticking point, though, was that there were dry clothes already in the dryer. I knew I had to do something with those. I just didn't have the energy to fold them and put them away, and I was feeling guilty about just throwing them on the bed. So, I threw myself on the bed and played on the computer, while intermittently writing the vocabulary test for my honors juniors. I didn't prepare myself dinner. I didn't pack my suitcase. I didn't grade. I was LAZY! Then Brad calls at 10:00 pm to say he's really in the mood for calzones. Of course he is. The late night dining options in the thriving metropolis that is Troy, Missouri include... Sonic. No Calzones. Hardees. No Calzones. Mc Donalds. No Calzones.

Guess who is making Calzones? That'd be me.

Calzones (made entirely from ingredients I had around the house...)
1 refrigerator pizza crust (Like Pillsbury)
1 container ricotta cheese
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1/2 lb. fresh mozzarella cheese
12 slices prosciutto
1 jar spaghetti sauce

Mix ricotta, mozzarella, Parmesan and Italian seasoning together.

Divide pizza crust into 6 equal pieces. Roll the first piece out on a floured surface using a floured rolling pin. Roll until very thin. Put 1/6 of the ricotta mixture in the middle. Place two pieces of prosciutto on top, followed by a slice of fresh mozzarella. Fold the dough over. Roll the edges, then press with a fork to seal. Place on a greased cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining dough.

Bake for 15-20 minutes at 400F or until crust is nicely browned. Serve with spaghetti sauce for dipping.




No comments: