Thursday, July 17, 2008

Day 2

Not much to report on the reduction of supplies.

On Wednesday, I used the rest of the rotisserie chicken in my lunch, but that doesn't really count because it wasn't out of the freezer or the pantry. Brad took the leftover stir fry for his lunch.

For supper, I made bacon, french toast and scrambled eggs. It was delicious, but did not use any freezer or pantry items. I guess it used bacon from the freezer, so that is something.

Bacon... cooked in a square skillet on medium. Is there any other way to cook bacon?

French toast
6 pieces of french bread, cut diagonally
2 eggs
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 pad butter

Whisk together eggs, milk and vanilla (I use a glass pie plate for this process). Set bread in mixture. Flip bread piece over and let soak for a few minutes. Meanwhile, heat skillet on medium. Add butter. Once melted, add bread pieces. Cook for several minutes on each side until thoroughly cooked and browned to perfection.

Scrambled Eggs
3 eggs
2 tablespoons milk
1/4 cup shredded cheese (today I used Colby Jack)
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 pad butter

Heat skillet on medium. Melt butter. Meanwhile, Whisk together eggs and milk. Add salt and pepper. Stir in cheese. Pour into heated, buttered pan. turn eggs periodically with spatula until eggs are cooked throughout.

I just realized that my directions aren't all that helpful if you don't already know how to make what I am describing. Hard to imagine that I actually make a living teaching people how to do things, huh?

No comments: