Saturday, July 26, 2008

Thursday and Friday

I am a little embarrassed to share with you what we had on Thursday and Friday, but I used lots of pantry and freezer items.

On Thursday, we had...

Adelle's Teriyaki chicken meatballs (from the freezer - precooked- just sauteed in a skillet)
A Teriyaki noodle pouch (from the pantry- followed package directions)
Fresh steamed green beans.

I know I have mentioned this before, but I am loving the Ziploc steamer bags. I cut the recommended cooking time at least in half, because I like my veggies to be crisp and not mushy, but they really do cook quite well, and create no dirty dishes to wash.

Today's menu was even worse. I had a pizza kit. I spread a bit of butter on one side of the crust, and then sprinkled it with garlic salt, and set that side down on the cookie sheet. I topped it with the included sauce packet, followed by some pepperoni and then some 6 Italian Cheese Blend cheese. I baked at 400 F for 5 minutes. It was really good, but each little pizza was like 6 inches, so they weren't very satiating. We ended up snacking afterwards, which is never a good sign immediately following dinner.

Tomorrow I am going to make zots, I think. This will be an exciting culinary experience for all involved. What is a zot, you may ask. Stay tuned.

No comments: