Saturday, July 26, 2008

This One's For You, Sarah...

On Edamame... my 3 year old nephew loves it, so it's gotta be good, right? I've had it several times, usually at sushi restaurants. It is good. I've only had it as an appetizer, though, I've never put it in anything.

I do in fact have the ingredients on hand for my gooey butter cake, and will gladly make it for you. When are you coming over to enjoy it with me? Here is the recipe for your own culinary enjoyment, as well.

Gooey Butter Cake
1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 cups powdered sugar


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F

Mix cake mix, melted butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 2 eggs with a spoon. Pat into a 9 X 13 inch pan.

Mix cream cheese, 2 eggs, and 1 teaspoon vanilla with an electric mixer. Slowly beat in confectioner's sugar. Pour over cake layer.

Bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Lightly sprinkle powdered sugar over top of cake. Cool.


You can mix it up, too, and use other types of cake mix. I anticipate a Red Velvet Gooey Butter Cake in the future; as it turns out I have 2 Red Velvet cake mixes.

No comments: