Friday, July 18, 2008

Day 3 and a Commentary on How Much I Hate Summer

I despise summer. My favorite season? Fall. Second favorite? Winter. Least favorite? Summer. I don't like being hot. I don't like sweating. I don't look good in tank tops, and I HAVE NOTHING TO DO!

My life needs more structure than this.

My friend Sarah and I went out for lunch, so I had salad, about 2/5 of my Fettuccine Alfredo w/ grilled chicken and 3 pieces of garlic bread. I had an English Muffin and some watermelon during the afternoon/evening while waiting for Brad to get home from work. Then, we had pot stickers when he got home. They were the Costco ones, from the frozen section, and were not nearly as good as the Goyozas from Trader Joe. That was it for the freezer reduction. I was going to make some Terriaki meatballs from the freezer with some rice from the pantry, but Brad wasn't in the mood for meatballs. Alas. It is another day and I have to figure out what I am going to myself eat for lunch and dinner. I need a better plan than this.

I need a routine. Grr.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Sorry my friend, but I LOVE summer! I would rather be hot than cold and I could sit by the pool any day of the week...But thanks for mentioning me in your post!

I have a couple of requests...do you have ingredients stocked to make your wonderful gooey butter cake? I'd like to try to make it this summer - I've never made one before. I wasn't sure what the rules where on posting recipes that you weren't actually making... just thought I'd ask.

Also, what are your thoughts on edamame?